Sunday, November 27, 2011

Commercial Creation



     This particular piece I created is a commercial for the Holy Trinity Student Parish. It is filled with several pictures of the outside and inside of the building. The commercial also includes narration and text stating or paraphrasing what the narration says. The text in the commercial reads: Holy Trinity Student Parish/ Located behind Still hall on Forest Road/ A place to worship...../A place to build a strong community..../A place for people that truly care..../With tables of food/Areas to do homework/ Television, games, books, and a computer with Internet and a printer/Meals after mass/ The Holy Trinity Student Parish You are welcome.

     I incorporated the conventions of the genre by putting pictures of parish and adding animation which a lot of nonprofessional commercials do. I also included narration which around 99% of commercials add to help get their message across. The last thing I did was add supplemental text . For the most part I stuck to the conventions of a commercial. However, it might seem different from most commercials on television or YouTube because most of them are professionally made and include video.

    The target audience for this piece is students or other people around the Ypsilanti area. It targets students by telling them the benefits that the Holy Trinity Student Parish has to offer. For example, it emphasizes that there were tables of food for students and other things like a television and a computer. On the other hand, other things like the masses might be appealing to people in the area searching for a place to worship.
    
    One of things I incorporated in the commercial was my field notes. I incorporated my field notes on the building in order to include thing like the location, what the parish had to offer and what the community was all about. I included them because they best described the community.

    The research and interviews I did were not included in this particular piece. The way I chose to structure the commercial the interviews with John and Sister Carmen did not fit because they were not about specifically wanted to talk about.  I guess John's interview could be considered to be some what in the commercial because he did talk about how the parish was oriented towards students but the other information was not very relevant to the commercials message and I also realized that the parish was oriented to students just by observation. The research I did was left out of this particular genre because I did research on the more general subject of Catholicism. The research would have not necessarily made the parish itself seem appealing but would be more informative about Catholicism.

No comments:

Post a Comment